Greetings and welcome to Jarvis Community Christian School! J.C.C.S. offers a Christ-centred programme of learning to approximately 129 children from grades Junior Kindergarten to Eight. Most of our graduates move on to the Hamilton District Christian High School in Ancaster. At present, we have a staff of 8 teachers (including 80% Resource), a full-time principal and many volunteers.
Although the courses of study for the most part conform to guidelines set by the Ministry of Education of Ontario, the emphasis in instruction and guidelines is on the norms of Protestant Christianity. The school is committed to the view which confesses that in all we do, we are called to serve God.
Jarvis Community Christian School is an independent, parent-operated school. The parents believe that they are responsible for their children's education. Thus, they have established this centre for learning where Christian principles will permeate all instruction. The student is taught to know God, love Him, obey Him, and witness of Him in a life of service to God and Man.
In 1951 a group of interested Christians came together and formed a Christian School Society. A two room school was opened in 1955 with 2 teachers and 70 students. The enrolment increased so that in 1956 three more rooms were added. In 1967 one more room was added making it an eight room school with an enrolment of 200 pupils. Further additions were a new gymnasium, change facilities, office, staffroom and remedial room build in 1976. In 1981 Kindergarten was added to the program of instruction and in the summer of 1986, a new Kindergarten room was built. The JK program was added in September 2003. We are excited about the path the Lord continues to lead us on.